Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Sankyo ES-44XL Question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Pennyroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2004
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I purchased a Sankyo ES-44XL recently. No manual, so I'm still figure out the features. There's a green button on the left side, to the right of the orange on/off switch, and I don't know what it does. Does anyone know?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Pennyroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2004
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I should have provided this info before. Here are the specs for the camera. Thanks for any help.

    Sankyo
    ES-44 XL
    Year: 76-79
    Weight: 1100 g
    Lens: Sankyo Zoom 1,2 / 8,5 - 35 mm
    Macro focusing
    Split Image Focusing
    Auto / Manual Zoom
    Frame rates: 9,18,36 + single frame
    Shutter degree: 220
    Manual / Auto Exposure
    Backlight Control
    Flash contact
    Fades
    Remote control socket
    Interval timer
    No sound
    Made in Japan

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Pennyroyal:
    I purchased a Sankyo ES-44XL recently. No manual, so I'm still figure out the features. There's a green button on the left side, to the right of the orange on/off switch, and I don't know what it does. Does anyone know?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is a battery check. There's a light to the left of it that should come on if the batteries are good.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Pennyroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2004
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks! the light doesn't even come on, but it's good to know what that button does.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Pennyroyal:
    thanks! the light doesn't even come on,
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mine doesn't either [img]cool.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member tonyparoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 7th, 2009
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sankyo ES-44XL Question

    The green light does indicate battery power - holding it in, watch the f-meter. If there is sufficient power, the meter will read above f 5.6 (on mine, I have to turn it on, depress the shutter button for a second, then press and hold the green button).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •